Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #317 - Hugs and Kisses - Throwback Thursday

Mackinac Island 1980
 Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #317 - Hugs and Kisses - Throwback Thursday

Hi Mom, I am still not done writing my report for Google IO, so I am going to put that off by another day, and share some Throwback photos as I should do every Thursday.

Seeing photos of you really kindles the flame of how much I miss you.

Here's a fragment of a dream that I have been carrying around with me for a few days, and I just wrote down what I remembered. It will appear in my next dreams installment (part six), but I decided to previews it here now.

What's surprising about the dream is that feeling that I had not hugged and kissed you in a while. In the dream, you were not dead. In the dream, hugging and kissing you was possible.

Even though I hugged and kissed you a lot in my 53 years of experience living with you, and though post-meningitis I hugged and kissed you every day for several years, once I moved out and married Liesel, I was not seeing you every day, and once we moved to Kalamazoo, I was not seeing you multiple times a week, and so I think I am carrying some guilt for all those missed days, times when I could have hugged and kissed you, and I didn't. Wow, that's a long sentence.

Hugging and kissing you helped you a lot in those post-meningitis years. I remember times when I would make you cry just by hugging you. But those hugs and kisses helped me, too. It's why I hug and kiss your shirt (the Frantic Woman/Ms. Intensity short) in my closet every day. It reminds me of that special affection we shared, and how important it was to both of us.

1605.17

I am writing this note on the dream several days later, so a lot of the finer details have faded. I remember I was having a dream about going places and meeting people. During all of that, I saw you Mom. You were in your wheel chair. I leaned in and gave you a hug and kisses on the cheek. In the dream, I could feel your warmth. I could smell your skin. And I had the thought that I had not hugged and kissed you in a long time. I miss hugging and kissing you.

Mackinac Island 1980

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 319 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1605.19 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: