Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #306 - Mother's Day Trilogy Part Three

Mother's Day - mid-1990s? 1994? 1995?
 Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #306 - Mother's Day Trilogy Part Three

Hi Mom,

We did not get around to labeling and organizing all the photos before you started to decline with your palsy, which made communication difficult, and then before you passed away.

For instance, I am not sure when this was taken. I am pretty sure we're in the Gull Lake Country Club, but the year? I am trying to remember how long I wore that belt before I had to switch. Lori may be able to date it better by her hair style. I could probably also go through old gift lists an identify when you gave me that tartan tie, though it may have been a post trip gift and not a holiday gift. I am thinking that probably means 1998, which is my best guess. The record keeping is important to both of us, Mom. I know.

I am writing from the future again. It's Monday, so I already know that Mother's Day went by all right. I did not "lose my shit" as Liesel described it. And neither did she. We had brunch at Old Dog Tavern, presents, cake, and watched Deadpool. I also took a nap, finished the Ta-Nehisi Coates book, and watched episode three of Games of Thrones season six.

It was a good day in most respects. I did not cry, but I was sad, and at times, on the verge,

It helped that the day was filled with good things: love, family, a nap, reading, some sports watching, the puppy, good food, my wife's happiness. And Deadpool, which was a pretty good movie.

I know the best thing I can do to pay tribute to you, Mom, is to make Liesel as happy as possible on Mother's Day and every day because every day is "I love my wife so much" day.

Here's an article about loss of a mother. The one thing that connected for me is that missing element. The pain wears down but flares up from time to time. But the really weird thing is going so long not seeing you, Mom. And then I visit, and you're not there, and that's.... just not right.

THE UNMOTHERED

Here's a kind comment from my dear friend Elaine that helped my heart today.


Here's some more pictures as I was going to feature mostly just pictures today, and they're new ones, Mom!

Lori and Mom - Memorial Day - 1976
Easter Prep - 1973
You look really tired, Mom

I like these next pictures because one is kind of a stolen moment before the pose.


Mother's Day - 1998


Mother's Day 1998

Figured we needed one post meningitis photo...

Mother's Day 2012


Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 308 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1605.08 - 10:10


NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: