Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #329 - Musical Monday for 1605.30 on TUESDAY

Lori with microphone
Christmas 1972
My birthday 1973 with Jeb Jacobs
Note tape recorder
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #329 - Musical Monday for 1605.30 on TUESDAY

SUBTITLED: Songs for Days

Hi Mom,

So, this is Musical Monday on Tuesday because yesterday was a cookout at Faye Luscombe's, a new friend of Dad's who lives on Gull Lake in Wildwood.

Today's theme (not that I always have a theme as mostly the theme has been either healing from grief, favourites, or good songs to sing) is songs about "days," songs specifically with the word "day" in the title.

So, here's a selection of "Days" songs. I think it's a good list. There's some classics like Pink Floyd doing "One of These Days" for the live at Pompeii film. There's the Carpenters with "Rainy Days and Mondays,"  which were all singing yesterday in the car after our Memorial Day cookout. But first, we have the three songs that first popped into my mind when I thought of this theme.

Check out the end of the blog and the PS for another (and easier) way to access all the music.

"FANTASTIC DAY" - Haircut 100 - from Pelican West - 1982




"Beautiful Day" - U2 - from All That We Can't Leave Behind - 2000

Live at Slane Castle - 2008


"These Are Days" - 10,000 Maniacs - from Our Time in Eden - 1992






"Days" - Kirsty MacColl - Kite - 1989




"All Because of You Days" Echo and the Bunnymen




"Days and Days" Concrete Blonde from Bloodletting - 1990
The Tree Café -  July 23, 1989



"Better Days" - Dianne Reeves





"Book of Days" Enya - from Shepherd Moons -1988



"Days of Apple Pie" - The Great Lakes Myth Society - from Compass Rose Bouquet




"In Between Days" - The Cure -from The Head on the Door - 1985



"Eight Days a Week" - The Beatles from Beatles For Sale -1964




"One of these Days" - Pink Floyd from Meddle - 1971

Live at Pompeii




"Rain Days and Mondays" - the Carpenters




PS: It occurs to me, now, that I may have to make a playlist for this feature or I am going to quite lose track of what songs I have posted already. I made a special Chris Tower's Musical Monday - Days playlist.

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 331 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1605.31 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: