Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #328 - MEMORIAL DAY

Mom and Lori - Memorial Day - 1976
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #328 - MEMORIAL DAY

Hi Mom,

I have been sharing MUSICAL MONDAY on Mondays, but this week Musical Monday will be shared on Tuesday because today is Memorial Day. I am thinking about you, Mom, but I am also thinking about all those who have died, especially those who have fallen in service to our country.

I saw a video on ESPN this morning featuring Babe Ruth, but I cannot find a clip of it to share. This clip here is not as good, but it features historical photos, which is my main reason to share it.

Memorial Day was always a big deal with you, Mom. We spent so many years going to all those cemeteries around where you grew up, but most important was the Delbridge headstone where your mother was buried.

I know I was not always enthusiastic and willing to be along on these trips. I am sorry for all the times I was brat when you were just trying to acknowledge those who are no longer with us, especially your mother.

I am think the same things today, Mom.

Military Outreach Memorial Day Tribute 2016



ESPN posted it!! Here's the video I mentioned earlier. The embed version doesn't seem to work.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15790049


Lori and Mom - 1976

Me and Mom - 1976

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 330 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1605.30 - 11:14

No comments: