Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #324 - Last year at this time: SCOTLAND

St. Andrews - May 26, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #324 - Last year at this time: SCOTLAND

Hi Mom, Last year on May 26th, Liesel and I were in Scotland. Specifically, we were took a drive over from Crieff, where we were staying, to St. Andrews.

I had a whole route planned that would allow us to loop back to Crieff by going through Dundee, which meant crossing where the River Tay meets the North Sea on Scotland's east coast. I saw some neat riverwalks in Dundee, and so I thought it would be a good pl ace for tea after spending most of the day in St. Andrews (not so much about the golf as the history and the university).

Though we found a very cool country market on our way to St. Andrews, the driving was not to Liesel's liking. I was doing my best, but St. Andrews was a bit tighter than anywhere else we had been to date. Liesel actually suggested we split up once we arrived, and maybe we should have. Still, we had a nice lunch of Indian food and saw some very cool things. I will share an assortment of pictures here from our day.

Though Liesel was not inclined to stop in Dundee and Perth on the way home, as I hoped, we did get down to the Tower Pub in Crieff, which was a highlight. It was also the site of a goal met as I heard a Clash song playing in the pub while we ate and drank. I also sipped a fine Scotch from the local Glen Turret distillery.

Now, a year later, I wish I had been more diligent about my trip journal as much of the details have faded, though my memory is aided by these photos.

For our next trip, I will be more journalish and bloggy.

I know you would have loved it all, Mom.

student housing and cool tree in a courtyard

St. Andrews Cathedral ruins

St. Andrews Cathedral ruins

St. Andrews Cathedral ruins (and my finger)

Maisha was decorated in James Bond posters from India

Maisha - lunch

The street - it just looks cool

Cool alley

just because I like the name

Care for a walk... a cool lane, part of the university

School of Psychology and Neuorscience

School of Psychology and Neuorscience

one of the coolest trees in all Scotland
obv

"in the beginning was the word..."
entrance to St. Mary's College

the Tower pub and Inn
Crieff, Scotland


Glen Turret scotch

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 326 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1605.26

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.



No comments: