Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1426 - AFROPUNK NEWSLETTER - from 1812.14-24


A Sense of Doubt blog post #1426 - AFROPUNK NEWSLETTER - from 1812.14-24

The Internet is a vast wilderness. Hit it head on, and you get lost in the funhouse. It must be curated, like a museum.

Since it is impossible for me to do purely original content on a daily schedule, I often share material, but I curate first. Remember, as I have written before, this blog supports my STUDY and not my teaching. This is something Warren Ellis has said before, but it has extra resonance with me because I am a teacher. What I mean by the phrase is that most often I am sharing what I am studying and not trying to teach readers, except when I am because I am using the blog to present teaching materials and assignments.

Word.

Here's a recent find.

Wait, what? There's an AFROPUNK NEWSLETTER??? Sign me up. Wow.

Here's an edition from the last weeks of December.

Enjoy.


MUSIC
CULTURE
ART
FASHION
2018...
THE MAKING OF AN AFROSURREALIST
Black life, entertainment and art has always been surreal. How Black artists come to bring this surreal point of view to their work is riveting, but not new or unique.
READ MORE
THE YEAR BLACK WOMEN TOOK OVER THE WORLD
Black women across the board changed the game and shook up their respective fields in 2018. It was everything.
READ MORE
THE YEAR IN BRITISH BLACKNESS
As London writer Grace Shutti surveys, "the Black cultural boom of 2018, there are aspects of my Britishness I am on board with."
READ MORE
THE YEAR IN BLACK ACTIVISM
Here's how we made our voices heard in 2018.
READ MORE

2018 BLURRED THE LINES BETWEEN ART AND MEME
Black culture is breaking boundaries. From meme to museum — Blackness is infinite.
READ NOW
BLACK FILMS KICKED 2018'S ASS
With no shortage of diverse, interesting stories to tell, Black filmmakers and storytellers opened us up to their fictional worlds from the aboriginal Northern Territory in Australia to Wakanda.
READ MORE
SOCIAL MEDIA RESOLUTIONS HAVE TO COME TRUE, RIGHT?
So much has happened this year that we thought we'd have a look at what some of our favorite artists said at the start of the year. Let's find out if 2018 lived up to it.
READ MORE

























Copyright © 2018 AFROPUNK, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this mail as you have inquired or purchased tickets for AFROPUNK.

Our mailing address is:
AFROPUNK
1000 DEAN STREET
BROOKLYN, NY
11238

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1901.16 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1292 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: