Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, January 28, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1438 - And Hiding Away - The Sky is Dark With Mystery

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0209/moonbees_croman_big.jpg
A Sense of Doubt blog post #1438 - And Hiding Away - The Sky is Dark With Mystery

Hi there, It's me again. I have been away for a bit. I am typing these words on Friday February First and sending them back in time to Monday January 28th.

This mix has been in the works for a long time, but I have not published it yet. And I am not overly motivated to always embed each video. So, instead, I have the first video of the 25-song mix below and then at the end of the post, I have the entire mix in both a link and the video pod player from You Tube.

This is also a link (the same one as later):

And Hiding Away - The Sky is Dark With Mystery - Musical Monday Mix for 1901.28

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8f/65/b8/8f65b864fc0cbec2578ca7dd636493a1.jpg

This mix is about that need to hide away.

I am feeling that very strongly this week.

As social as I can be, I am not always comfortable with it, and I need that recluse time, that alone time, for self-care, for sanity, and for peace and blessedness.

If I don't get that time, I go a bit crazy.

And so when "the sky is dark mystery," it's time for hiding away.

Do you feel that, too?

Am I alone?

Do you need what I need?

And so, when I think of this need to be a recluse, a hermit, a shut-in, alone, to have quiet time, to meditate, to read, to think, to shut out the clutter and noise of the world, I think of this song -- "And Hiding Away" -- by Innocence Mission, my favourite song by one of my favourite bands.

And so, when I listen to these songs and as I built this mix, I thought about how in my core and as a child, I am and I was an introvert.

Here's some things I have written about Introversion thus far.

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1058 - Listen to the power of QUIET people

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #323 - More on introverts

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #161 - Introversion - Reprinted T-shirt nonesuchery pt.3

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1136 - Introversion collected and t-shirt reprint - Throwback Thursday for 1812.06

It should be noted that the PJ Harvey song "We Float" comes from my wife, who has been a wellspring of great music for ten years now, who inspires me, and who keeps my passions at a simmer if not a full boil. Just so you know. I don't want to take credit for the discovery of Harvey's song.






"And Hiding Away"
---------------
I prize the cloudy, tearing sky
for the thoughts that flap and fly.
For staying in and reading by.
For sitting under.
I read a book of Madeline
and her friends in two straight lines,
in Paris, in a house with vines
over its old face.
Far, far is Paris...
and the sky is dark with mystery.
Try, catch the thoughts that flap and fly
in the cloudy, tearing sky,
that touch and stir and won't be tied-
and try to speak them.
I think of my old Flower Sky.
Of us, when we thought we were spies.
Of bobbing eggs in Easter dyes.
Of walks in London.
Try, try to hold my love for you,
it knows no measure.
This is a day for hearing bagpipes
somewhere playing.
This is a day for hearing sarabands
and hiding away.
Sky, I hold my tears if you do.
Starling thoughts, go over me


---------------------------------------

I love these lyrics.
I highlighted some of my favourite lines.

Enjoy the music.

Following is a track list and the link and video pod.

https://pxhere.com/en/photo/737753
And Hiding Away - The Sky is Dark With Mystery - Musical Monday Mix for 1901.28

https://pxhere.com/en/photo/737753
1. The Innocence Mission - And Hiding Away

2. The Innocence Mission - Umbrella

3. PJ Harvey - We Float

4. The Innocence Mission - Black Sheep Wall

5. Imogen Heap - Hide And Seek

6. The Innocence Mission - Song About Traveling

7. Beth Orton - She Cries Your Name

8. The Innocence Mission - I Never Knew You From The Sun

9. Sia - Distractions

10. The Innocence Mission - Clear to you

11. The Innocence Mission - Evensong

12. Aleah - Vapour

13. the innocence mission - My Sisters Return from Ireland




14. The Innocence Mission - I Remember Me - US TV debut - LETTERMAN
15. Cocteau Twins - A Kissed Out Red Floatboat - Best Version
16. the innocence mission - Shadow Of The Pines
17. The Innocence Mission - god is love
18. Frou Frou - Breathe In
19. The Innocence Mission - Now In This Hush
20. Mogwai - Ether
21. The Innocence Mission - Sorry And Glad Together
22. Cocteau Twins - Three Swept
23. the innocence mission - She May Turn Around
24. The Sundays - Here's Where The Story Ends
25. The Innocence Mission - Wonder Of Birds

https://pxhere.com/en/photo/1427093

https://m.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2014/11/12/dark-skies-shutterstock_86844088-WEBONLY-550x330.jpg

And Hiding Away - The Sky is Dark With Mystery - Musical Monday Mix for 1901.28

Here's the video pod player for the entire mix:





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1901.28 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1304 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: