Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1616 - BATMAN - ELLIS - HITCH - Batman's Grave


A Sense of Doubt blog post #1616 - BATMAN - ELLIS - HITCH - Batman's Grave

Well, here's some very, very good news.

Just a share today. Doing about a dozen things and hard at work on some other original material.

But regular blog followers will know how excited I would get for this news on the basis of Warren Ellis alone as the writer on this Batman book, but adding Hitch and reuniting the original Authority crew.

WOW.

I have been trying to cute mini and maxi series' BUT... the companies keep sucking me back in. :-)

https://warrenellis.ltd/work/the-batmans-grave/


Press release from DC Comics follows:
ELLIS AND HITCH REUNITE FOR THE DARK KNIGHT’S 80TH ANNIVERSARY
The Authority on Superhero Comics Get Into Batman’s Head…and Grave
Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch, one of the most legendary creative partnerships in modern comic book history, reunite for THE BATMAN’S GRAVE, a twelve-issue monthly DC maxi-series about life, death and the questions most are too afraid to ask. The team that brought us THE AUTHORITY now turn their talents towards The World’s Greatest Detective, whose current case forces him to inhabit the mind of a murder victim with a half-eaten face—without filling the empty grave next to those of his parents.
But first, Ellis and Hitch get into the mind of a butler. Once a week, rain or shine, Alfred Pennyworth walks to a little cemetery plot in the Wayne Manor grounds. He meticulously tends to Thomas and Martha’s headstones, plinths and slabs: weeding, cleaning, polishing. But how much longer before there’s another Wayne memorial to tend to?
“My very first work at DC was two issues of LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT,” begins Ellis, “so it’s been twenty-five years since I did a full-length story with the Batman. I’ve decided to revisit the crime scene where my career in American comics began, and I’m so grateful that my old comrade Bryan Hitch is doing this midnight run with me. It’s been too many years since we last did a long campaign together.”
Within this dynamic duo’s new comic lives a Batman with an almost psychotic identification with murder victims. He immerses himself in their lives and obsesses over every detail of their deaths. Even as Batman would process the evidence and approach the perpetrator from one side, he would live inside the life of the victim as they approached their death.
“I’ve drawn some covers and used Batman in Justice League and JLA,” continues Hitch, “but since I read Jim Aparo and Don Newton’s Batman runs in the 80’s I’ve wanted to do a proper, big Batman story. Fellow Authoritarian Warren Ellis had one to tell, so when he mentioned it I said ‘yes’ before even asking what it was about. That’s what you do when Warren says ‘I’ve got a proper, big Batman story.’ It’s been over 20 years since we changed Superhero comics together, and now we get to give Batman the fight of his life.”
THE BATMAN’S GRAVE #1, written by Warren Ellis with art by Bryan Hitch and Kevin Nowlan, debuts in comic book stores and online retailers on Wednesday, October 9 with a cover by Hitch and a variant cover by JeeHyung Lee. For more news and updates on the World’s Greatest Super Heroes, visit www.dccomics.com, the DC YouTube channel or follow @DCComics on social media.





This has previously been denoted here as PROJECT TRICORNER, for those keeping count.

All my project codenames comes from towns, cities and regions.  You cam see Tricorner down there in the bottom left.  RESEARCH.
I am four issues in and looking at 5, and Bryan is three issues in and breaking ground on 4.  We're in good shape.  It's an aspect of how Bryan and I work together. On THE AUTHORITY, we were the only book at Wildstorm that had seven issues in the can at launch.  I learned how to write for Bryan Hitch twenty years ago.
This has been the only good news of my week, and seems likely to be my last big new comics project for some time.
I've spent all this week on TV thing PROJECT KATRA, and next week is all about INJECTION Vol 4, now that I've cracked the all-important cold open for the volume featuring spy Simeon Winters.  It's actually had me stumped for months, because it's the one time I get to do a James Bond movie-style cold open (yes, I was an official James Bond Continuation Author on the graphic novels VARGR and EIDOLON, but those were Ian Fleming's Bond, not the movie Bond, and it's a very different tone). I eventually put it together while listening to Monty Norman's original James Bond theme on repeat (the David Arnold arrangement is nice, but I needed the original, for reasons of mythic resonance) and pulling up maps and street views and half-remembered devices and objects.  I was stuck on that for months.  

















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1907.24 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1481 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: