Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1178 (SoD #1613) - Throwback Thursday on Sunday 1907.18 - Corpse Flowers, Javascript, Hall of Famers, Science, Comic Books, and More


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1178 (SoD #1613) - Throwback Thursday on Sunday 1907.18 - Corpse Flowers, Javascript, Hall of Famers, Science, Comic Books, and More

Okay so that's not so much of a Throwback picture though it does show four of the six Hall of Fame inductees from this week in their former glory and youth, so it counts.

But just to really reach, here's an older picture from Baseball.


https://digitalcollections.detroitpubliclibrary.org/islandora/object/islandora%3A167552
View of Detroit Tigers baseball player Dick Bartell knocking over Cincinnati Reds catcher Jimmie Wilson at home plate during 1940 World Series. Handwritten on back: "Bartell, out at the plate on Myron McCormick's perfect throw after Gehringer's single, bowls over Jimmy Wilson, the Red's catcher."


I love Baseball.

This is prime time of the year for Baseball. I am excited about this year's Hall of Fame class. More about that subject below.

But first... this.
CORPSE FLOWER

I went to see the corpse flower last week: first, the pre-bloom state and then once it bloomed. I even caught a whiff of its stench.

https://news.wsu.edu/2019/07/10/rare-corpse-flower-bloom-wsu-vancouver/

The corpse flower (Latin name Amorphophallus titanum, also known as titan arum) is native to the limestone hills of Sumatra, Indonesia’s rainforests, the only place in the world where it naturally grows.
They are among the world’s largest and rarest flowering structures. They bloom rarely—typically after seven to 10 years of growth and just once every four years or so afterward throughout a 40‑year expected lifespan.
A corpse flower’s odor is not without reason. It’s meant to attract pollinators and help ensure the continuation of the species. Dung beetles, flesh flies and other carnivorous insects that typically eat dead flesh are attracted to the corpse flower.


https://www.youtube.com/wsuvancouver




Here's my photos... before the bloom...











Other photos...

Me, representing with my shirt with my father's logo at the summer assessment institute at Lower Columbia College...


Puppies squeezed into the water closet with me on the Fourth of July, afraid of fireworks. They had never done this before.



Puppies enjoying the sunshine.



Here's some Javascript code a student shared with me. I am still learning, and I thought it was cool to get some code from a student to whom I not teaching coding.




QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT - spooky



https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-48971538
Scientists have captured the first ever image of a phenomenon which Albert Einstein once described as "spooky action at a distance".
The photo shows a strong form of quantum entanglement, where two particles interact and share their physical states for an instant.
It occurs no matter how great the distance between the particles is.
The connection is known as Bell entanglement and underpins the field of quantum mechanics.
Paul-Antoine Moreau, of the University of Glasgow's School of Physics and Astronomy, said the image was "an elegant demonstration of a fundamental property of nature".
He added: "It's an exciting result which could be used to advance the emerging field of quantum computing and lead to new types of imaging."

Einstein described quantum mechanics as "spooky" because of the instantaneousness of the apparent remote interaction between two entangled particles.
The interaction also seemed incompatible with elements of his special theory of relativity.
Scientist John Bell later formalised the concept by describing in detail a strong form of entanglement exhibiting the feature.
Bell entanglement is now harnessed in practical applications such as quantum computing and cryptography.

However, it has never before been captured in a single image.
The team of physicists from the University of Glasgow devised a system that fired a stream of entangled photons from a quantum source of light at "non-conventional" objects.
This was displayed on liquid-crystal materials which change the phase of the photons as they pass through.


THE INTERNET

More on a de-centralized Internet:
https://reason.com/2019/07/12/the-end-of-the-free-internet-is-near/


The End of the Free Internet Is Near

The idea that the internet should enjoy minimal government oversight precisely because it was a technology that enabled open and free speech for everyone has been turned on its head.


If a decentralized internet does return, it will likely arise only as a response to regulatory overreach by governments—and primarily because cryptonetworks provide developers and maintainers with economic incentives in the form of digital currency if they participate. A key advantage of open-source programming is developer friendliness: Twitter, especially, is notorious for disabling features that developers had relied on. Google's feature killing is memorialized at KilledByGoogle.com. When no one owns a platform, that sort of thing is much less likely to happen.
Chris Dixon, an entrepreneur turned venture capitalist in Silicon Valley, wrote in a well-read February 2018 post on Medium: "Today, unaccountable groups of employees at large platforms decide how information gets ranked and filtered, which users get promoted and which get banned, and other important governance decisions. In cryptonetworks, these decisions are made by the community, using open and transparent mechanisms."
Decentralization is hardly a perfect solution to the internet's ills, but it's likely to be better than the unhappy situation we find ourselves in today.

COMICS

http://sequart.org/magazine/69896/jla-new-world-order-revisited-or-what-makes-a-story-essential/

JLA: New World OrderRevisited or, What Makes a Story Essential?

Despite differences in quality, the spirit of the two is very much the same – comics about comics. Comics that lecture their reader for reading the wrong sort of superhero punch-outs. In retrospect it’s plain weird not just that we bought but that we hailed it as some genius move. In January 2001, worrying about what type of comics we read might have been a major issue, but it stopped being one eight months later and it is certainly isn’t one now.
Superhero comics can, and have been, about stuff in the real world. They could be careless, they could be too earnest for their own good, they could be wrongheaded… but they don’t have to be. Superman, in his very first days, wasn’t a conservative figure – he was a New Deal firebrand, he took on the rich and wealthy (sometime with rather extreme violence) and he certainly wasn’t down with the attitude of ‘things are pretty fine as they are so don’t rock the boat too much.’
New World Order is as joyous a read today as it was when it was first published, possibly even more when compared to over twenty years of Justice League stories that fail to come close to the Morrison / Porter run. There are certainly things still in print from these halcyon days whose massages ended-up worse; but putting this story back in print as something ‘essential’ is a statement, and not the best one. Looking at DCs line-up today, their obsessive I-hate-you-please-notice-me relation to Watchmen as expressed in Doomsday Clock, you can certainly see this trend continue. In that I guess New World Order is essential, but for all the wrong reasons; we shouldn’t be telling the same story twenty-five years apart. If you are going to write story after story espousing why we need a Superman, you should probably make Superman into something that’s a bit more than a comforting care bear for the status quo.
and even cooler...


http://sequart.org/magazine/69911/road-to-vertigo-suppression-and-rise-of-mature-comics/

The Road to Vertigo:

The Suppression and Eventual Rise of Mature Comics and Their Readers

The legacy of Vertigo recalls the very idea of comics finally being allowed to mature; letting people swear, drink, openly take drugs for recreation, and bringing in some serious ambiguity as to what it means to be a good person. Titles such as Preacher, Transmetropolitan, Hellblazer, and Sandman cannot be separate from the very spirit of Vertigo. A new age of freedom and expression within the medium. However, to truly understand why this was so significant and praised, we need to look back at the reasons why these things were suppressed in the first place. As well as the attempts before this to allow the medium to grow up.

Enter DC editor Karen Berger.
British comics of the time found themselves with many less restrictions than their American counterparts. They were criticised for their content at times, specifically the comic Action which gained the nickname “the seven-penny nightmare”. They had a different environment to thrive than their American counterparts, with an influence from both American and European print. What DC’s Karen Berger found when visiting England, looking for talent, was the new blood comics needed to fully mature. With her interests in the horror genre, more than the superhero, it’s possible that the creators she found and the books she green-lit with them, just wouldn’t have happened any other way.


The first person Berger brought over from the UK was the previously mentioned Alan Moore. While it’s tempting to instantly point at Watchmen, it’s better to argue that Swamp Thing is what truly inspired the rapid turn to a more mature medium and the start of Vertigo. The culmination of Berger’s horror leanings, the talent of Moore, Tolteben and Veitch, the history of mature suppression in comics, and the mix of American and British culture is what sparked Vertigo’s existence

And this cool author of the above, has a blog...

https://mikaylajlaird.wordpress.com/

Hi there!


If you’ve found my little slice of the internet, then allow me to introduce myself. I’m Mikayla J. Laird. I have a Batchlors and a Masters in Digital Media, and currently working towards a PhD in Digital Comics. My passion is Comics, Film and Pop Culture, specifically from a historical context. But I also just like to talk about how I feel about specific titles or news.
I am a Visiting Lecturer at the University of Hertfordshire here and the UK, as well as at the Hertfordshire International College. I proudly try to use my knowledge to teach my students as best as I can. I believe that the best way to learn is through using entertainment and real world examples to hammer in the point. Occassionally, I even write about my findings using this method (see my post about Playing the Game The Unintended Way).
and I love this guy's art... and he is a Michigan resident.

https://evandocshaner.tumblr.com/


GILLEN
Here's Gillen's RPG game link for the DIE comic.

http://diecomic.com/rpg/



TV - I am not posting text from all of my links.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/18/star-trek-picard-storyline

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/18/kristen-bell-veronica-mars-revival/

VERONICA!!!!!!!!!


SPORTS

https://sports.yahoo.com/whose-nba-career-is-better-chris-paul-vs-isiah-thomas-185440965.html?src=rss

Edgar Martinez (from left), Mike Mussina and Mariano Rivera make up half of this year's Hall of Fame class. AP Photo/Frank Franklin II
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27211159/what-makes-member-2019-hof-class-hall-famer

'I’m going to do the best I can': Brandy Halladay was perfect in honoring Roy

Tim Brown
MLB columnist

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-is-not-my-speech-to-give-brandy-halladay-was-perfect-in-honoring-her-late-husband-232812259.html?src=rss

MUSIC
I have to make some edits to this post... and now I have.

https://365-tshirts.blogspot.com/2014/03/t-shirt-360-ani-difranco-my-top-ten.html

WRITING- author

https://whatever.scalzi.com/2019/06/27/on-being-denounced-again-again/



On Being Denounced, Again (Again)


Yesterday I came across a recent fanzine with a rather emphatic editorial about (and against) me, and my influence on the Hugo Awards and on science fiction and fantasy fandom in general. I posted a link to it on Twitter, and the editorial — and I — became the subject of much comment online. I was busy most of the day yesterday with business meetings and (because I’m in LA) driving to business meetings, so I didn’t have much to say about it. But I have a bit of time this morning to talk about some of the topics it brings up, so let me touch on a few of them.
1. First and most obviously, the author of the piece is perfectly within the bounds to have the opinion she has, even if she’s being mean to me, and even if I think the thesis of her argument and the general procedure of it is largely incorrect. I can take it, and I will remind people never to be an asshole on my behalf to anyone else, please, and thank you.
2. As it happens, I don’t regret winning the Fan Writer Hugo, not in the slightest, because I earned it fair and square, I love it was given to me by other fans, and it’s incredibly important to me as a member of the science fiction community. Nor do I think I broke that particular Hugo, in no small part because since I won it, no person has won it twice, and as such the award reflects a wide diversity of thought and expression in the science fiction community. I can’t take credit for that, of course, but I do like that it happened.
3. The Fan Writer Hugo, like the Hugos generally, are voted on by fans, or at least the subset of fans who have memberships at Worldcon; if this Hugo broke when I won it, it’s because the fans themselves decided it needed some breaking, and resetting. I was the beneficiary rather than the cause of that. We’ve seen over the years that the Hugo-voting fandom is notably resistant to people trying to game the awards for their own personal benefit, and this was true both before and after my Fan Writer win. I’m not sure why I would be an exception to that general principle; I’m not that special.
4. Likewise, as much as I would like to take credit for “breaking” the Hugos in general, inasmuch as that would mean I could say I was responsible for the Hugos of NK Jemisin, Cixin Liu, Ann Leckie, Kameron Hurley, Sarah Gailey, Mary Robinette Kowal, and apparently every other Hugo winner over the last decade or so — arguably one of the best decades in science fiction and fantasy — I’m deeply sad to say I cannot. One, the Hugos are not broken in the least, as even the most cursorial glance at the writers and works who have won the award in the last few years will tell you. Two, as others have cogently pointed out, placing the praise and/or blame on my shoulders erases the efforts of those who have more actively done the work, in the literature and in the fandom, to change the face of science fiction and fantasy.
5. What can I take credit (or blame) for, with regard to the Hugos? In what is no doubt a recurring theme in my professional life: For being in the right place in the right time. I came into the science fiction genre and fandom at a point when blogs and personal sites were blowing up in terms of attention and influence, and on my blog (hello!) I did in an amateur manner what I had done professionally for years: Wrote my opinion on things and wrote it on a very regular basis, and in an at least semi-engaging manner. This allowed me to make a bigger impact in the genre than many debut authors have done historically, even before my first book was published. These things made a difference for the award consideration of both my professional work (Old Man’s Warbeing nominated for the Hugo out of the gate; me being nominated for and winning the Campbell) and for my fannish work (i.e., writing about the world of SF, among many other topics, here). I’m a good writer; I’m also lucky.
(And also, while we’re at it, I benefited from being straight from Central Casting for what many people would imagine a science fiction writer being, circa the turn of the century: A somewhat nerdy white dude with loud opinions and just enough personal charm not to be immediately punched in the face by others. I think there’s more to me than that, I should say, and I do try to use at least some of my luck and good fortune to benefit others. But I’m not ignorant that the Lowest Difficulty Setting worked for me then, and still does now.)
6. So why, over the last decade plus change, have certain people focused on me as the agent of change (and not necessarily a good one) with regard to the Hugos? After all, this latest editorial is not the first jeremiad about me on the subject; people will recall I was a frequent example from the Puppy Camp of Everything That Was Wrong in Science Fiction and Proof the Hugos Were Corrupt, etc.
Here are some of the reasons:
a) professional/personal dislike and/or jealousy;
b)
 unhappiness with inevitable change with fandom and the science fiction and fantasy community and genre generally and the need to find a single cause to blame it on;
c) ignorance (willful or otherwise) of the labor of other people (many of them not straight and/or white and/or male) to change the tenor of the SF/F community (and as a consequence, its awards);
d) a general lack of understanding that the SF/F community is a complex system and like most complex systems a single input or actor, in this case me, does not usually precipitate a wide system change on its own;
e)
 my privileged position in the community makes me an easy and acceptable target/strawman/scapegoat — no one’s exactly punching down when they go for me.
7. Speaking personally it’s weird — in a way that ranges from amusing to a little unsettling — to be cast as a radical agent in the house of contemporary science fiction and fantasy. Folks, I am, bluntly, as mainstream as science fiction gets: I’m a white dude writing largely conventional science fiction stories aimed directly for the middle of the market. It’s my whole remit, and the reason I have that silly long contract with Tor; implicit in that thing is the idea that I write books they can sell by the palletload. I think I write pretty good mainstream science fiction, mind you; I’m not going to have false modesty about that. I do what I do as well as anyone does it. But mainstream it is.
Likewise, as a mostly genial, mostly nerdy, mostly trying-to-be-decent person, I’m pretty much right in the middle of the SFF fandom bell curve. I certainly do have flaws, which I try to work on. But generally there’s not much about me that doesn’t suggest I would be a reasonably good fit into fandom and in science fiction and fantasy generally. Now, I admit that I’m looking from the inside; maybe I’m missing things, and I’m sure someone will tell me if I am. But as in other aspects of my life, I think how I present in science fiction and fantasy can pretty much be defined as “somewhat self-aware petit bourgeois.” I’m okay with this. I do think it makes me a poor example of disruption and radicalism, which is perhaps why people who see me as such sometimes appear to be confused about what my worst crimes actually are.
8. I get that science fiction and fantasy, and the community that grew around it, are changing, and that’s uncomfortable for some of the people whose self-identity is wrapped up in both of these things. I understand that I came around at a time when some of those changes started and kind of made a splash when I arrived, and that maybe it’s easy to confuse those splashes with the currents that were changing the genre. So I get that some folks will think of me as an agent of those changes, and some folks will blame me for them.
And, I don’t know. If it makes that change easier, or at least gives them someone they can point a finger at, then, fine. Point away. But on my end, I think I have an idea of my actual importance and influence in the community and the genre (and in its awards). It’s not zero, which is nice for me. But it’s not anywhere as much as I’m sometimes credited with. And I would just as soon that the work of others be acknowledged and credited appropriately.
Also: Change happens. In science fiction and fantasy, I think the change we’re having is a good — the field is better because it’s more inclusive and open to a wider experience and expression of what it means to love the genre and to be a fan. I’ve been in fandom now for sixteen years (since Torcon in 2003, which was my first science fiction convention, and where I met the first of the writers and fans that I now call friends), and even in those sixteen years those changes have been significant, and to my mind mostly positive. My personal expression of fandom is to be excited about what, and who, comes next, in the genre, in the community, and up on the stage, accepting Hugos.

WRITING - POV
I have recently been discussing writing with a local author and making the case for why third person limited is such a popular form in most modern fiction. I found this excellent blog that states the case very well.

https://blog.reedsy.com/guide/point-of-view/third-person-limited-omniscient/
Part 2: Third Person Limited
In Third Person Limited, the author narrates the story from the close perspective of one character (at a time) to create the immediacy and intimacy of a first-person narrative, without being "trapped inside" a protagonist's head.
image03In Steering the Craft, Ursula Le Guin’s invaluable writing manual, she provides a succinct definition of limited viewpoints:
Only what the viewpoint character knows, feels, perceives, thinks, guesses, hopes, remembers, etc., can be told. The reader can infer what other people feel and think only from what the viewpoint character observes of their behaviour.


What are the benefits?

  • Create greater intimacy between your reader and point-of-view characters
  • Maintain a level of uncertainty about your secondary characters: their emotions, secrets, and pasts can remain ambiguous.
  • Tell a story in which your reader’s perspective on characters and situations evolves.


MOVIES

Image result for The Holy Mountain



Movie to watch HOLY MOUNTAIN





SCIENCE FICTION

http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/2019/07/science-fictional-news-and-musings.html

== More items... ==

An excellent BBC article about one of the greatest science fiction novels of all time – John Brunner’s 1968 Stand on Zanzibar. Often lauded for its agile, content-rich, multi point-of-view style (I modeled EARTH after it) and for its long list of eerily on-target predictions, I am in fact most impressed with the novel’s masterful mixture of pertinent worry and tentative optimism, a rare gift in this era of simplistically dolorous-discouraging dystopias and finger-wagging moralizings. This writer cites many of Brunner’s accurate foretellings, leaving out the one so many remark upon… that he featured an African “President Obomi” (cue Twilight Zone theme.)

Fun stuff! Some fans  worked with physicists and engineers on this infographic scaling a range of sci fi weapons! - 

Though this list left out the absurd super-ooper-dooper death star of "The Force Wakens," Which shot a beam across the whole galaxy in an instant destroying the entire Republic (a million worlds) in one plot simplifying cheat-minute! Then there's the Gravity Lasers in my novel EARTH, which use coherent beams from the core and mantle to lift ships and an island or two.

A wonderful analysis and trip down memory lane! Charlie Jane Anders surveys one of the great SF universes, the Hainish series by my former teacher, Ursula LeGuin, truly a visionary pioneer who was recognized early by our wonderfully expansive field... as was Charlie Jane Anders! Treasures.


A terrific and empathic story about an uplifted chimp detective by Rich Larson, an up-and-coming SF star - author of Annex, The Violet Wars.


DOCUMENTARIES







https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-mueller-found-russia-and-obstruction-first-analysis



Really the best day since he got elected,” said Kellyanne Conway, the president’s counselor, about a day on which 400 pages dropped into the public’s lap describing relentless presidential misconduct and serial engagements between his campaign and a foreign actor. The weeks-long lag between Attorney General William Barr’s announcement of Robert Mueller’s top-line findings and the release of the Mueller report itself created space for an alternate reality in which the document released today might give rise to such a statement. But the cries of vindication do not survive even the most cursory examination of the document itself.
No, Mueller did not find a criminal conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, and no, he did not conclude that President Trump had obstructed justice. But Mueller emphatically did not find that there had been “no collusion” either. Indeed, he described in page after damning page a dramatic pattern of Russian outreach to figures close to the president, including to Trump’s campaign and his business; Mueller described receptivity to this outreach on the part of those figures; he described a positive eagerness on the part of the Trump campaign to benefit from illegal Russian activity and that of its cutouts; he described serial lies about it all. And he described as well a pattern of behavior on the part of the president in his interactions with law enforcement that is simply incompatible with the president’s duty to “take care” that the laws are “faithfully executed”—a pattern Mueller explicitly declined to conclude did not obstruct justice.


A BRIEF HISTORY OF PORN ON THE INTERNET

https://www.wired.com/story/brief-history-porn-internet/


It was June 14, 1995, inside the Senate chamber in Washington, D.C., and Jim Exon, a 74-year-old Democrat from Nebraska with silver hair and glasses, had begun his address to his colleagues with a prayer written for this occasion by the Senate chaplin. He was there to urge his fellow senators to pass his and Indiana senator Dan Coats’ amendment to the Communications Decency Act, or CDA, which would extend the existing indecency and anti-obscenity laws to the “interactive computer services” of the burgeoning internet age. “Now, guide the senators,” Exon continued his prayer, “when they consider ways of controlling the pollution of computer communications and how to preserve one of our greatest resources: The minds of our children and the future and moral strength of our Nation. Amen.”
As the stone-faced senators watched, Exon held up a blue binder that, he warned, was filled with the sort of “perverted pornography” that was “just a few clicks away” online. “I cannot and would not show these pictures to the Senate, I would not want our cameras to pick them up,” he said, but “I hope that all of my colleagues, if they are interested, will come by my desk and take a look at this disgusting material.”

................and.................


A few miles from Mansfield’s mansion in Seattle, an ambitious young stripper named Danni Ashe read a book on HTML programming during a beach vacation. She launched her own fan site online, Danni’s Hard Drive, in 1995 as a place to put her own promotional pictures. Then Ashe struck on a more lucrative idea— charging for membership, still a new idea at the time. She hired models and posted pictures, audio interviews, and videos, and then charged $15 a month for access—becoming one of the first subscription sites on the internet, besides The Wall Street Journal (which later profiled her in a page-one story about online pornographers, called “Lessons for the Mainstream”). Before long, Ashe was making $2.5 million a year and reportedly using more bandwidth than all of Central America.
As the moguls of porn became the envy of the internet, the federal government conveniently got out of their way. On June 26, 1997, after more than a year of heated debate about the censoring of the internet, the United States Supreme Court struck down the Communications Decency Act for violating the First Amendment. It was a landmark decision, protecting the young medium from government regulation. As humorist Dave Barry put it a few months later, after visiting that year’s AdultDex convention, “this fast-growing billion-dollar industry will undoubtedly come up with newer and better ways to help losers whack off.” For better or worse, online porn was here to stay.


AND......

I have written about RUST here on this blog before, but then, the other day, a young man asked me what I knew of it, obviously excited, and then I find this.

https://developers.slashdot.org/story/19/07/17/1630241/microsoft-to-explore-using-rust


Microsoft To Explore Using Rust (zdnet.com)

Posted by msmash  from the can't-hurt dept.


Microsoft plans to explore using the Rust programming language as an alternative to C, C++, and others, as a way to improve the security posture of its and everyone else's apps. From a report:The announcement was made yesterday by Gavin Thomas, Principal Security Engineering Manager for the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC). "You're probably used to thinking about the Microsoft Security Response Center as a group that responds to incidents and vulnerabilities," Thomas said. "We are a response organization, but we also have a proactive role, and in a new blog series we will highlight Microsoft's exploration of safer system programming languages, starting with Rust." The end game is to find a way to move developers from the aging C and C++ programming language to so-called "memory-safe languages." Memory-safe languages, such as Rust, are designed from the ground up with protections against memory corruption vulnerabilities, such as buffer overflows, race conditions, memory leaks, use-after free and memory pointer-related bugs.

My article on RUST

https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2017/11/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-859.html

GREAT TRACK.....



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you soon, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1478 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1907.21 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27 and 1907.04) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. Dropped "Talk to you tomorrow, Mom" in the sign off on 1907.04. Should have done it sooner as this feature is no longer daily.

No comments: