Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, March 5, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2938 - Cool New Comic Book Covers 2023 - COMIC BOOK SUNDAY for 2303.05




A Sense of Doubt blog post #2938 - Cool New Comic Book Covers 2023 - COMIC BOOK SUNDAY for 2303.05

Here we are again with a cover gallery for COMIC BOOK SUNDAY, which is being posted 10 days late.

I was so taken with the  I am Iron Man cover (and the variant below) that I wanted to use it as a topper image for this post as well as my March Weekly Comics post, which only I see. I keep thinking I will publish those comic posts (which actually collect the comics for the month a week at a time), but I never get to it.

I have recently been ill (very ill), which is one reason for my lateness. During my convalescence, I watched season two of Titans, and so I am even more enamored than usual of Nightwing as a character and the new Nightwing comic. So there's some great Nightwing covers below.

As I curate the rest, here's a few more thoughts: I am very curious about the "Superman family" currently featured in Action Comics, and this cover for issue #1052 is gorgeous.

Black Cat and Spider-Man fighting a pile o' ninjas? Yes, please. Sign me up.

I have really liked Ridley's run on Black Panther, and I didn't think I would given that I am such a huge Ta-Nehisi Coates fan. The covers have also been things of beauty, like issue #1`4 with Namor shown below.

Likewise, the Detective Comics covers have been arresting, lately. WOW.

The mini series Sct Rock vs the Army of the Dead has been great fun. I don't even remember subscribing to it, but I am glad to be reading it. Love it.

As I write this, it's been over a month since I was in to the local comic shop, so I am heading there today.

Mark Bagley on Spider-Man. SO DOPE.

And to those Slott haters out there: slot it away. This issue (five) is another nail on the headboard proving what a great writer SLOTT is. Loved it.

Can't wait to read the new Superman #1 and oggle the gorgeous art that is Jamal Campbell. WOW.

Enjoy my cover gallery!! :-)

Thanks for tuning in.































These that follow are repeats of ones I shared on February 26th.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2303.05 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2802 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: