Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, March 12, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2945 - "Float" by Janelle Monáe (feat. Seun Kuti & Egypt 80) - Music Week 2023 #05



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2945 - "Float" by Janelle Monáe (feat. Seun Kuti & Egypt 80) - Music Week 2023 #05

This is my new jam.



Being honest here: I have a huge crush on Janelle Monáe. What a fascinating artist! I am still absorbing her art work.

Here's her new song in place of the usual COMIC BOOK SUNDAY.

No real comic book connection here, but that's okay, I am in catch-up mode still.

Hello from March 21st. Back to NINE days behind. But final grades are done for Winter '23 at LCC.

"...I don't dance, I just float..."












Feb 16, 2023  #JanelleMonáe #Float
Janelle Monáe -  Float (feat. Seun Kuti & Egypt 80)
"Float" Out Now!

Subscribe for more official content from Janelle Monáe:

Connect with Janelle:

The official YouTube channel of Atlantic Records artist Janelle Monáe. Subscribe for the latest music videos, performances, and more.

#JanelleMonáe #Float




Song by Janelle Monáe

I can't hear myselfYeah(When I see you, I)No, I'm-, no, I'm not-, no, I'm not the sameNo, I'm not the same, no, I'm not the same, noI'm not the, fuckNo, I'm not the same, uhI think I done changed, yeahWoo, woo, woo
No, I'm not the same, nigga (not the same, no)I think I done changed, nigga, uhSee somethin' not the same, nigga (not the same, no)I used to walk into the room head downI don't walk, now I float
Float on 'em, I float on 'em, just floatThey hangin' on to that Goose down in my coatFloat on 'em, I float on 'em, just floatI don't step, I don't walk, I don't dance, I just
Float, float, float, floatI don't dance, I justFloat, float, mm, float, float, floatMm, I just float
I'm light as a feather, I'm light as a featherYeah, baby, I floatIt's hard to look at my resume, hooAnd not find a reason to toastShe throwin' that thang in a circleMakin' it viral, I might just elopeSay, "Listen lil' mama, you like shibari?Watch while I show you the ropes"I used to let niggas get to meI used to be my own enemyNow I done had several epiphanies over some breakfast at Tiffany'sHad to forgive all my frenemieThey are not who they pretend to beI had to protect all my energyI'm feelin' much lighter, now I
Float on 'em, I float on 'em, just floatThey hangin' onto that Goose down in my coatFloat on 'em, I float on 'em, just floatI don't step, I don't walk, I don't dance, I just
Float, float, float, floatI don't dance, I justFloat, float, mm, float, float, floatMm, I just float
I wear the attire, check out the robe.I'm fresh like a popeI'm doin' my dance on catamaransAnd you gotta copeI'm countin' my blessings, we ain't stressin'Just look at this glowI got that magic, I'm really prepared for whateverWhenever so who want the smoke?Came back from the future to take all y'all niggasAnd take all y'all hoesThey said I was bi, yeah, babyI'm by a whole 'nother coastShe stay in the hills, he stay in AtlantaI paid for them bothMy face card don't come with a limitI swipe it, I spend it, I swear I be doin' the most
Float, float on 'em, I float on 'em, just floatThey hangin' on to that Goose down in my coatFloat on 'em, I float on 'em, just floatI don't step, I don't walk, I don't dance, I just
Float, float, float, floatI don't dance, I justFloat, float, mm, float, float, float
Alright, I have a toast if you're willing to repeat it (yeah)Repeat after me (alright)To the lives we leadTo the lives we leadTo the dreams we chaseTo the dreams we chaseTo the moments that we makeTo the moments that we makeAnd the fucked up shit we can't eraseAnd the fucked up shit we can't erase, woo
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Janelle Monae Robinson / Jarrett Goodly / Nana Kwabena Tuffour / Nathaniel Irvin Iii
Float lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC













+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2303.12 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2809 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: