Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, March 16, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2949 - "Cross Bones Style" - Cat Power - Music Week 2023 #08



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2949 - "Cross Bones Style" - Cat Power - Music Week 2023 #08

I have adored  Cat Power, aka Chan Marshall, since the late 1990s when Moon Pix came out in 1998 and this haunting song "Cross Bones Style."

Another amazing artist and an amazing song.

Thanks for tuning in.


“♫ Cause you
have seen some
unbelievable
things
 ♫”

https://dontforgetthesongs365.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/cat-power-cross-bones-style/

Through Marshall’s darkness she created the light of Moon Pix and my favorite song “Cross Bones Style.” Someone who also loves Cat Power is former Nirvana drummer and current Foo Fighters front man Dave Grohl who once described Marshall’s voice as “the most satisfying orgasm I could imagine.” Grohl recounted to Uncut UK Magazine the first time he discovered Cat Power’s music when he explained, “I was in New Zealand. My friend had a mix tape going in the van and ‘Cross Bones Style’ from the Moon Pix album came on. I turned it up and asked, ‘Who the fuck is this?’ I swear, nothing else mattered at that moment. Not the sun. Not the sea. Or the perfect summer day. Her voice was chilling. Her guitar was beautiful. Her words were so pure.






Oct 23, 2017
Cat Power - "Cross Bones Style" 
Directed by Brett Vapnek
Purchase the album "Moon Pix" from Matador Records: https://store.matadorrecords.com/moon...



Cross Bones Style
Song by Cat Power


Lyrics
Oh, how time fliesWith crystal clear eyesAnd cold as coalWhen you're ending with diamond eyes
Oh, come childIn a crossbones styleOh, come childCome and rescue me'Cause you have seen someUnbelievable things
Hater, I have your diamonds and still
'Cause you have seen someUnbelievable things
Hater, I have your diamonds
Oh, come childIn a crossbones styleOh, come childCome rescue me'Cause you have seen someUnbelievable things
Hater, I have your diamonds and stillSo still
Oh, how time fliesWith crystal clear eyesAnd cold as coalWhen you're ending with diamond eyes
Oh, come childIn a crossbones styleOh, come childCome and rescue me'Cause you have seen someUnbelievable things
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Chan Marshall
Cross Bones Style lyrics © Doorman Music







Cat Power - Santa Monica - 1998


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2303.16 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2813 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: