Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, March 13, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2946 - "Queen" by Tracey Thorn - Music Monday 2303.13



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2946 - "Queen" by Tracey Thorn - Music Monday 2303.13

I used this song to inoculate my brain.

I had Johnny Cash's cover of the NIN song "Hurt" stuck in my head. In fact, just thinking about it risks getting lyrics starting with "my empire of dirt" running through my head again on a loop.

So, I loaded up this catchy tune to substitute one hooky tune for another.

I have to say that I have loved Tracey Thorn's solo work as wonderful and satisfying as the entire EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL catalog, and I loved them very much as a duo.

Thorn's solo album Out of the Woods especially was one of five albums in my five-cd changer for years along with Morph the Cat by Donald Fagen, Another Day On Earth by Brian Eno, Lover's Rock by Sade, and Kid A by Radiohead.

Fun fact - Thorn and I are about the same age. I was born a few months ahead of her.

Wha...? She has FOUR books?? Three memoirs and a fourth book on the female music scene in a male-dominated industry.

I hope Thorn has more solo albums in her.

This is also my new jam, on repeat, to keep "Hurt" out of my head.

https://traceythorn.com/





TraceyThornVEVO
Jan 17, 2018

Download & Stream ‘Queen’ now: https://TraceyThorn.lnk.to/QueenID 
Order the album ‘Record’available now at https://TraceyThorn.lnk.to/RecPreID

Video directed by Carol Morley


"Queen"

Lyrics
Here I go again
Down that road again
I haven't solved it yet
What happened if we never met
If I'd just ignored
Those sliding doors
If I'd turned instead from your bed?
Am I queen?
Or something else I might have been?
A star?
Backseat of a blacked out car
Is that me?
Or someone else entirely?
And do I ever find love?
Do I ever find love?
Do I ever find love?
Or am I still waiting?
In the midst of sleep
Pictures come to me
Memories and dreams
Things lost that might have been
If you'd broke my heart
Very near the start
Do I sink alone like a stone?
Am I queen?
A majesterial has been
I'm on fire
A head full of desire
This is me
I'm someone else entirely
And do I ever find love?
Do I ever find love?
Do I ever find love?
Or am I still waiting?
Or am I still waiting?
Am I queen?
Or something else I might have been?
A star?
Propping up the backstage bar
Is that me?
Or someone else entirely?
And do I ever find love?
Do I ever find love?
Do I ever find love?
Or am I still waiting?
Or am I still waiting?
Am I queen?
Or something else I might have been?
A star?
Backseat of a blacked out car
Is that me?
Or am I still waiting?
Or am I still waiting?
Or am I still waiting?
Am I still waiting?
Or am I still waiting?


Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Tracey Thorn

Queen lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2303.13 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2810 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: