Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, March 10, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2943 - "Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush Live from 1987 with David Gilmour - Music Week 2023 #03



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2943 - "Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush Live from 1987 with David Gilmour - Music Week 2023 #03

I remember when Hounds of Love came out. I bought it immediately. It was the summer after I graduated from college. I had tried to work in the K-College summer theatre, but I didn't realize that I was expected to do actual work, ALL DAY. Also, I was salty about painting sets when I felt I should be directing, even acting, but I was not valued much in that way by those in charge.

By August, when this album came out, I had moved back home.

Within a month, I had broken up with my girlfriend from the last quarter at K and had a new girlfriend whom I met at WMU as I finished classes there and started a program to be a secondary ed teacher (which I never finished when I instead entered graduate school and the MFA program).

I remember bonding with the new girlfriend at her apartment over this other albums (such as Suzanne Vega's first album and Jane Sibery's The Speckless Sky). This young woman (I am purposefully avoiding names) had her stereo (or a roommate's) set in front of this big picture window facing southwest, so sun streamed in during the afternoon and early evening. 

I remember our relationship in many ways formed itself in that sunlight to that music, especially this first song on The Hounds of Love: "Running up that Hill (A Deal With God)."

I had forgotten about this segment in which Bush performed the song live with Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour -- who is credited with discovering Bush -- in the Secret Policeman's Third Ball

I can still feel the sunlight on my face every time I hear this song.

"Running up that Hill (A Deal With God)" - Wiki

Thanks for tuning in.








[Post-Chorus]
You (Yeah, yeah, yo)
It's you and me
It's you and me, won't be unhappy (Yeah, yeah, yo)







+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2303.10 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2807 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: