Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, March 18, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2951 - Yasmine Hamdan - "Hal" - Music Week 2023 #010



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2951 - Yasmine Hamdan - "Hal" - Music Week 2023 #010

I did not know of Yasmine Hamdan until I saw her galvanic, seething, seering performance of "Hal" in Jim Jarmusch's Only Lovers Left Alive, which I have seen at least three times, I forget.

I was immediately a fan.

I did not know that she collaborated with CocoRosie, another favorite band.

Cool.

Thanks for tuning in.


OFFICIAL SITE: 

https://yasminehamdan.com/en/







Directed by Jim Jarmusch
Based on footage from the film Only Lovers Left Alive
From the album "Ya Nass", available on iTunes : http://smarturl.it/yanass_itunes

© 2013 Wrongway Inc, Recorded Picture Company Ltd., Pandora Film, Le Pacte, & Sanderfin Ltd. 
All Rights Reserved.


https://lyricstranslate.com/en/hl-hal-solution.html

حل (Hal)

أهواك ..
وإن مر يوم من غير رؤياك
أنساك ..
واشمعنى المرة دي رسماك
الشوق يحرك الحنين ومن القلب
الليل يطول والنهار يعدي بالقلب
 
يا هشة عَ قلبي
الفرقة تئلمني
أنا ما عندي حل ..
أنا ما عندي حل ..
لا قلبي يحب مرة
لا قلبي يحن مرة
 
Submitted by ian.nottinghamian.nottingham on 2014-03-09
Last edited by Miley_LovatoMiley_Lovato on 2015-06-04
English translation
Align paragraphs

Solution

Versions: #1#2
I love you1
And if a day passes without seeing you22
I forget you
And what does imagining you mean this time
Longing stirs the nostalgia in my heart
The night stretches on and the day passes backwards
 
You who left my heart fragile
This separation is paining me3
I don't have a solution
I don't have a solution
No, my heart loved once4
No, my heart softened once
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/hl-hal-solution.html

  • 1. This and the third line are taken from the opening lines of Ahwak by Abdel Halim Hafez which are "I love you / and I wish I could forget you"
  • 2. In Awedt Einy by Umm Kulthum, she says "I accustomed my eyes to seeing you [...] and if a day passes without seeing you, it does not count as a day"
  • 3. this & the previous line are based off the lyrics of Ya Jarha Galbi by Najah Salam (Galbi by soapkills - yasmine's old band - is a cover of this song): the original lyrics are "you who has wounded my heart, the wound is paining me"
  • 4. this is from In Rah Minnak Ya 3en by Shadia; Shadia's full lyric is "the heart loves once, it doesn't love twice"
  • https://lyricstranslate.com/en/hl-hal-solution.html












    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    - Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2303.18 - 10:10

    - Days ago = 2815 days ago

    - New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

    No comments: