Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, July 16, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1242 - Maybe Not Musical Monday for 1807.16

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1242 - Maybe Not Musical Monday for 1807.09

For Liesel

Seventeen track mix because tomorrow, the 17th, is my Beagle Satchel's sixth birthday.

Hi readers.

I listen to a lot of music in car rides or cooking food with my wife, and so I get to hear a lot of tracks repeatedly when she gets interested in them. This mix derives from some of those songs, starting with "Maybe Not" by Cat Power, for which I named the mix. I used this song to theme this entry and to share more Cat Power songs than offerings by any other artist. "Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups was another of these songs, and so there's a second Silversun Pickups track. Other tracks have some connection with Liesel, like Neutral Milk Hotel, Sigur Rós, and PJ Harvey and others are ones that You Tube suggested based on my own previous listens. I wanted to add a mix of old and new tunes.

I want to get this mix up before Monday is over, so not a lot of text today.

I am off to New Tech PDX in Portland tonight with some friends (yes, I am actually making friends.) SO GROOVY!

I think this is a cool mix. I added some visuals for decoration and emphasis.

As usual, there's a track list and a URL link to the You Tube mix in the title. The videos follow the list one by one and there's an embedded video link to the entire mix among the images at the end.

ENJOY. This music accompanied my work today: Grading Robot.

MAYBE NOT MIX - MUSICAL MONDAY FOR 1807.16 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY SATCHEL

1. Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye"
2. Cat Power - "Maybe Not"
3. SEVDALIZA - "BLUECID"
4. Cat Power - "Blue" (cover of Joni Mitchell)
5. Sigur Rós - "Ára Bátur" (HD) (at Abbey Road Studios)
6. Cat Power - "Hate"
7. Anna von Hausswolff - "The Mysterious Vanishing of Electra" (Official Video)
8. Cat Power - "It's Alright To Fail"
9. Silversun Pickups - "Substitution"
10. Charlotte Gainsbourg - "I'm a Lie" (Official Music Video)
11. Cat power - "Metal Heart"
12. Neutral Milk Hotel - "Ghost" (Live in Copenhagen, August 7th, 2014)
13. PJ Harvey - "The Wheel"
14. Japanese Breakfast - "Road Head" (Official Video)
15. Cat Power - "The Greatest" (Live ACL 2006-12-30)
16. Ólafur Arnalds - "Particles" ft. Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir
17. Cat Power - "Cross Bones Style"



























































EMBEDDED VIDEO LINK TO ENTIRE PLAYLIST






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1807.16 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1108 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: