Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1100 - Riding-Driving 1966 - Throwback Thursday 1806.19

4 1/2 years old - July 1966
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1100 - Riding-Driving 1966 - Throwback Thursday 1806.19

Hi Mom,

This probably won't go out today, Thursday. I probably won't get this posted until tomorrow, Friday July 20th, at the earliest.

So what about that? I am late a lot. In fact, there are days when I post several blog entries in a row. I just had to do that to catch up a few days ago (Saturday 7/14, I think).

For as much as I have mentioned being late with these blog entries, I do not believe I have written much about the ethics of posting late and still claiming that I am a daily blogger. My goal is a daily broadcast, but my schedule does not always allow for even a quick post let alone what I often want to do in preparing a suitable blog post.

Often I get back on a daily routine if I miss a day or miss two days. But other times, like just this last Sunday, I posted four posts all in about an hour. Does this mean I am still daily?

This post itself is a day late, as it's Friday the 20th as I type, and yet, I did have a post yesterday, and it contained original material - A Sense of Doubt blog post #1244 - Coding Challenges - Interviews - Swapping Two Variables without a Temp.

So, I am going to say that it doesn't matter. I have no idea if my waxing and waning bothers anyone, and I am not sure if it would matter to me if I knew. Better to do something than to do nothing.

Okay, so I am not always daily, but I am TRYING to be daily. That should count for something.

So, Mom, it's been somewhat of a busy week. On Monday, I went to New Tech PDX with my new pals Wayne and Lynse. We had good nosh (Thai), good drinks (cider!), great conversations (is Powerpuff Girls retro?), and saw some good presentations on the BLOCKCHAIN: huzzah!
Link to the video via FACEBOOK.

Tuesday is always Liesel's day off, but I had to catch up on work, so not much to report, though it was Satchel's birthday. On Wednesday, there was tons of work, but I did take Satchel to Paradise Point State Park as I have before

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #976 - Comic Book News, Dog Walks, and Recovery - Throwback Thursday 1803.08 

And then, today (which is really yesterday as I write), I went into Vancouver and grabbed some dinner -- yummy fried rice at Thai Orchid -- and then met Paul and Eric (two other new friends) to shoot the bull about working as a developer or data analyst and then learn more about Javascript via Typescript and a program Eric has written called FAlexa, which does the voice recognition parsing that Alexa performs, but without the Amazon overhead.

Backing up to the weekend, Saturday, Piper's Dad was here with his wife and son, so we all met in Portland where I had to return twice, once to retrieve Liesel and once to retrieve a car. I had some car trouble. A repeat of the behavior from about a year ago south of Glacier National Park.

No repeat of that problem since, though.

Did I mention last week that I am reading Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon? It has been on my book shelf for nearly twenty years, and I have owned the audio book for almost half that time. It was time to dive in. I blew through Stephen King's The Outsider in about a week, and I had listened recently to several shorter books, so it was time for a behemoth. This one's almost 1000 pages. It dovetails very nicely into stuff I am reading now on cryptocurrency and cryptography in a way that is almost prophetic. Plus, I love that Stephenson featured Alan Turing as a character. For some reason, and I am not sure why, maybe the WWII angle, the book reminds me of Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow, but it could just be because it's a big book, like that one.

Cubs games is about to start and I have to water outdoors. So I think this is all I am going to share in this missive. But before I go, here are some of my recent Instagram posts and some of my non-blog Twitter posts. I am @gmrstudios on both platforms.

Thanks for reading.







Here's some recent Twitter messages from me -

















1970s SF art - John Berkey

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1111 days ago (in binary this is the number 15) :-)

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1807.19 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: