Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1091 - Creamsicle of ASGARD

From the Graphic Novel "I, Whom the Gods Would Destroy."
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1091 - Creamsicle of ASGARD


Hi Mom,

Good THOR STUFF.

I must confess that the image above and cartoon introduction came from a Fanfare newsletter sometime in 2017, surely the products of the wonderful imagination of newsletter curator and made genius Josh Upson. So I cannot take credit for the creamsicle. It's too good.






Not to make light of it, but the woman wielding the hammer as the Mighty Thor has passed away in the Marvel Comics, and the Odinson is due to take back the mantle of Thor, worthy or not.

The Mighty Thor has been one of Marvels' most consistently well written and visually beautifully rendered comics of the last five years, mainly due to the efforts of Jason Aaron and a legion of artists, including Russell Dauterman and Esad Ribić.

The debut of a woman wielding the hammer of Thor shook the Marvel universe and fandom. It was a great idea and one born for a long term story arc, as we still do not know what Thor was told back in the Original Sin mini series that made him unworthy to lift Mjolnir.

The debut of a woman Thor was also smartly done as it was not revealed for nearly a year who was the human woman in possession of Thor's hammer and transformed to the God of Thunder by wielding the enchanted Uru hammer.

Genius idea!!


When we learned that the human in power was Jane Foster and that she had cancer and was dying, the story took on an even more poignant and powerful pathos.

This panel below shows off one of the best moments in the run.

I could go on and on about what made this run great, but I had promised myself to keep my comments somewhat short. So...



However, I can go quite yet. If I get into a comic book subject, there must be an art and cover gallery!

ART AND COVER GALLERY



















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1093 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1807.01 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: