Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, July 30, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1256 - It's a Lovebeat - Musical Monday for 1807.30


A Sense of Doubt blog post #1256 - It's a Lovebeat - Musical Monday for 1807.30


So last week, when I posted HEY MOM #1102 - Falling off the Roof and First Concert Throwback Thursday for 1807.26, I used the power of the Internet to look up the date of my first rock concert, a David Cassidy solo performance at Pine Knob in Clarkston, Michigan on June 25, 1972.

And so, I decided to theme a whole mix for Musical Monday around my childhood bubble gum pop favourites.

I came of age in the 1970s and cut my musical teeth on the Partridge Family, David Cassidy, the Osmonds, the DeFranco Family, Donny and Marie Osmond, Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five, Bobby Sherman, the Brady Bunch, The Archies, the Monkees, and so many others.

As usual, my mix starts with a core -- David Cassidy and the Partridge Family -- and builds on that core of five tracks with others, such as the Osmonds and the Jackson Five though also Grand Funk, Cher, and Melanie.


Tiger Beat, 16, Right On, Fave, Dynamite, and probably a few others were in constant circulation at my house. I think I had a subscription to Tiger Beat for several years. I am hoping to find pictures in the Tower archives of my "Bat Cave" room at the Hazelwood house, which at one point I had decorated in pin ups, pictures, and posters from those magazines.

I am concerned that there is no photo.

I did karaoke before it was a thing with my mini amp and microphone, singing along to my favorite tunes. I feel my rendition of "Puppy Love" was spot on before my voice changed.

I had these large cardboard room dividers, which I think my Dad brought home from his office. I made literally a maze of dividers in this room and covered them with images of my favorite teen idols, though some of the hot items, like Leif Garrett, never really made much sense to me.

I share these two images of these two issues because I know for sure I had the one on the right, and I am fairly sure I had the one above, too.

I have shared a sampling of David Cassidy images here in the post, but I was careful not to go nuts.

The mix is fun and centers on Cassidy though leads with with "Heartbeat, It's a Lovebeat" from a performance on the Jack Benny show. I remember this album vividly. I wanted it more than almost any other album of that period. I expected the DeFranco Family to go on to super stardom but I do not own any of their other albums, and they had dropped from the radar after 1977. "Heartbeat, It's a Lovebeat" stayed at number one for five weeks and stayed at number two on that chart (AM radio) all of 1973. The single sold over two million copies.

Here's some blast from the past, which seems the right sounds for summer.





"It's a Lovebeat" - a Musical Monday Mix for 1807.30

1. DeFranco Family -  "Heartbeat, Its A Lovebeat" - 1973 - 3:27 
2. Donny Osmond - "Puppy Love" ( TOTP ) 1972 - 2:55 
3. Partridge Family - "I Think I Love You" - 3:50 
4. Marie Osmond - "Paper Roses" - 4:19 
5. Bobby Sherman - "Julie Do You Love Me" - 4:21 
6. Donny Osmond - "Go Away Little Girl" Live - 2:29 
7. The Archies - "Sugar Sugar Candy Girl" - 2:46 
8. The Mamas And The Papas - "California Dreamin'"  - 3:02 
9. The Osmonds - "One Bad Apple" (The Osmond Brothers) - 2:44
10. The Brady Bunch sings "Sunshine Day and Keep On Dancing" - 4:34 
11. The Monkees - "Daydream Believer" (Official Music Video) - 3:07 
12. Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion (1974) HQ - 2:56 
13. Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five- American Bandstand 1970 HD - 9:40 
14. David Cassidy - "Cherish" - 3:47 
15. Melanie & The Edwin Hawkins Singers - "LAY DOWN" LIVE '70 - 7:25
16. Cher - "Gypsys Tramps And Thieves" - 2:53 
17. DAVID CASSIDY and Partridge Family ~ "I WOKE UP IN LOVE THIS MORNING" **** HD/HQ AUDIO - 2:39 
18. David Cassidy on The Bob Hope Special, 1972 - Rock Me Baby  
19. Michael Jackson and Donny Osmond - rare appearance footage - 4:12 
20. David Cassidy - "Rock Me Baby" (1974) - 2:41 
21. Jackson 5 vs The Osmonds - by TheSpiderbeats 5:08


"It's a Lovebeat" - a Musical Monday Mix for 1807.30 - THE VIDEOS


























































EMBEDDED VIDEO LINK FOR ENTIRE PLAYLIST




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1807.30 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1122 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.


No comments: