Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, December 17, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1396 - Christmastime Is Here - part two


A Sense of Doubt blog post #1396 - Christmastime Is Here - part two


Okay, I am putting this here, just because I want to remember it

LA BEAT GENERATION AND THE CATALAN MYSTICAL POTS

https://elspotolsmistics.blogspot.com/




Hello, time for a bit more Christmas cheer.

Normally, I do a musical mix today. I have many in various states of completion ready to go. Maybe the best use of some free time while off the daily grind of blog broadcast will be to prepare ahead some of these treasures, such as a revisit of the Jam mix with commentary on each song; the Coccteau Twin mix, which is mostly complete; and others like the one I just started with Sinead O'Connor's "Fourth and Vine" as the core or the mix I have been playing for at least a year with Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill" as the foundation.

So today, I thought I would start the Christmas theme with some of my favorite tunes from the Charlie Brown Christmas Special. I tend to listen to this music year around, but more often at Christmas. After all, "Linus and Lucy" was Liesel and my outro (recessional) music at our wedding.

I love this music.
Watching the Charlie Brown Christmas Special is required viewing for me every year.

Also required, the re-read -- these days on audio -- of Dickens' A Christmas Carol. I will be doing so very soon. Or perhaps a reading via YOU TUBE.

OR... I just bought it on AMAZON. Here's a clip.




or this....



I have sampled many versions of A Christmas Carol, but so far the one narrated by Tim Curry is my favorite.








MY PEANUTS MIX

There's a couple of songs in the mix on You Tube not featured in the individual videos below, but scroll down for LoFi and other goodies!!

So, as I complete some other original materials and also do my jobs for which I am paid, presumably, then here's some of the GREATEST music EVER WRITTEN.




































Christmas St. Antoine 2011 - two months after we moved in


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1812.17 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1262 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: