Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1137 - 3 Wise Men? Be Serious. Throwback Thursday 1812.13

http://365-tshirts.blogspot.com/2013/12/t-shirt-278-three-wise-men-be-serious.html
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1137 - 3 Wise Men? Be Serious. Throwback Thursday 1812.13 - sense of doubt #1392

The image is originally from this link from 2013, so yeah, THROWBACK.

http://365-tshirts.blogspot.com/2013/12/t-shirt-278-three-wise-men-be-serious.html

This one is truly a MAJOR hodge podge, a jumble, what my students have come to know as a Gallimaufry as it is one of our words of the day.

I am writing this and finishing it on Saturday the 15th because I have been so hammered with final grades. Gave an exam last Thursday at LCC and grades were due Monday the 10th, Park University grades were due Tuesday the 18th, final at Concordia Wednesday the 12th, then Thursday (presumably today) the 13th I spent all day figuring the Concordia total and bringing the grades to current, then research paper grades due for CTU on Friday the 14th, and so here we are.

Shall we go, you and I, to where the land meets the sky?



So, here's a Twitter message from the library at Concordia University that I liked.




these kids..., well, adults now, actually








Piper's engagement announcement. Did I share this already?



Some funny images my students shared.



Batman by the late great Jim Aparo vs. the Snow Beast from Batman issue #337.



I just really like this image.



From Detective Comics  issue # 119:





Every semester when it's time to say goodbye to a class of students I write in the subject line of my goodbye email the nod to Douglas Adams and the Hitchhiker's Guide series: "So long and thanks for all the fish." This semester out of love and out of the desire to dress up my communications with more imagery, I went hunting for "So long and thanks for all the fish" images. Guess what I found?




Because I need to share more comic book art, here's two by DAVID LAPHAM (great but not late) of the current masterpiece Stray Bullets and his new Lodger (which if the latter is not named for the David Bowie album then I know NOTHING!).




Liesel got a copy of this and I was reminded of its existence.



After Tuesday's post on appropriation, which feels like I created it a lifetime ago given how much I have done since, there's this Instagram message about the arts from Speech, whom I love. Thank you for keepin' it real, Speech!





Reminded of this

OBLIQUE STRATEGIES - dynamic web player

http://stoney.sb.org/eno/oblique.html


AND THESE CAME TO MY ATTENTION when a friend online was justly accusing Air BnB of fraud.

What's that from? What's that from?


The Answer. It's from this:




Finally, one of my students asked me to follow him on Instagram and followed me back. Here's one of three male students in my Concordia class with his javelin throwing excellence. Thanks Dalton!





SOME OF THE RECENT CLASS BOARDS...










Someone's getting cool stockings in her stocking...



I found a radio station in Portland and met someone who does a show there.


RADIO GEEKLY
https://www.kboo.com/program/radio-geekly?page=4

The person I met, Godiva Lee, also does a "Get Trek" podcast, but I can't find that one yet.

I will ask her and report back.















I found an awesome massage therapist.

Angelle St. Pierre
and Yoga Nidra and Sound Healing
Angelle St.Pierre, LMT
Portland, OR
https://www.angellestpierre.com/





I bought some clay for Liesel...


My new colleagues are awesome (from LCC).

Official Serendipitously Appropriate Instrument of Nomenclature Validation from the Committee of Nomenclature Management.




















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1258 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1812.13 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: