Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1135 - Imaginary Imagery Nation

 

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1135 - Imaginary Imagery Nation - sense of doubt #1381

Hi Mom,

This post was going to be a Hey Mom reprint, then it was going to be a T-shirt reprint after I did two HEY MOM posts this last week in a row (Wednesday and Thursday), then this morning I woke up with an inspiration to write a parody of people who use platforms like GO FUND ME to have people buy things for them, like cameras, smart phones, or laptops. Not that some of these people don't need these things, and not that they don't use these things to produce cool art or do good work in the world, not that their funding efforts are not legitimate... and yet... come on, man. The Internet is already filled with hands that are sticking out palm up, isn't it?

Everywhere we turn there's another hand asking for money, like the people who shut down their Facebook wall on their birthday and instead ask us to donate to some cause instead of a birthday wish.

REALLY?

I mean, come on.

To give a birthday wish on Facebook takes me all of ten seconds maybe fewer. In some cases, it is THE ONLY INTERACTION I have with that person each year, and instead of taking ten seconds, I should donate MONEY to a CAUSE????

I mean, hey, I like donating to causes, and usually the causes need money, sure, I get it.

But I am giving people ten seconds of my time and MAYBE looking at their FB wall for a few seconds as a way to "catch up" with the person in my friends list. I am not typically sending them a gift or even a card on which I spent actual money. I mean, a few select friends and family members get that, but that's it.

So...

Enough with the hands out.

There are some people who just need to BUY THEIR OWN SHIT with their own money.

Just shoot me now.

Shoot me now.


AND THIS......



Hey, don't get me wrong.

I have supported Kickstarters, which I fund and then I GET A THING. I support artists on Patreon as long as they continue to produce work, as long as I believe in what they dom, what they stand for,  and I GET THINGS that were produced.

BUT... not everyone is producing THINGS, so not everyone deserves to be funded.

I produce a thing, and I don't ask to be funded (or load adsense content for other people with their hands out  who would pay me, either).

Whew.

Okay, so that's the thinking behind yesterday's parody.

For today, Sunday, FUNday, I just wanted to clear the SENSE OF DOUBT folder a little by sharing a few (and I mean A FEW, I am really limiting myself here) images on a Sunday FUN day.

The image topper comes from a new massage therapist I found, Angelle St. Pierre, who I think is awesome. She also leads YOGA NIDRA, in which I am VERY much interested. More on that subject later.

Keeping the FUN in FUNky, Mom, just like you wanted. :-)

Here we go. Thanks for tuning in.

















And some bonus content from my good college friend's daughter who has a great '80s synthy vibe going.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1247 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1812.02 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: