Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1405 - Culture Jamming - the next part



A Sense of Doubt blog post #1405 - Culture Jamming - the next part

This is a post to get ahead on class work for next term.
There's not much new content in it as I am going into low power mode for the holidays and my vacation from all things work. Though someone who does what I do rarely is allowed to escape at all, the escapes are little and too brief.

This post is going to be mostly pictures, but ones I plan to refer students to review and ones I will use as a template to make more posts.

Like, who knew I could just do a Google search of "Culture Jam Memes" and get so much great content.

Also, I can search not only for old cigarette ads both print and video, but I can search them by decade, so I will do that.

There are some outlier images such as Antia Hill and Christine Blasey Ford followed by a #metoo image. I gathered these images for a lecture in class on mass media, consumerism, and Culture Jamming. Stick a pin in that Colin Kaepernick subject. I am coming back to that.

That's all for now. More later.

Here’s a handy list and cross section of CULTURE JAM and RELATED CONTENT that I have posted thus far.

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #854 - Clutter and Noise - again

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #977 - Suggested Daily Media Diet and my new SLASHDOT post

Burgers or Booty?

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #978 - Refactoring Media Literacy

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1251 - Media aren’t really real

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #247 - The Triggering is dumb (I agree)

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1002 - Digital Made me a radio Star

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1330 - It's not what you know, it's how you think

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #630 - GO GREEN! Viridian Design

AND JUST FOR FUN
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #341 - GRAMMAR POLICE: THINGS THAT SUCK #3 - The sign at Burger King

******************************









******************************




































+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1812.26 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1271 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: