Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, December 24, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1403 - Christmas Mix for Musical Monday for 1812.24



I am not explaining this because either you get or you don't or you spend some time
Googling Kurt Russell movies until you find out how HILARIOUS this is.
A Sense of Doubt blog post #1403 - Christmas Mix for Musical Monday for 1812.24

I will be honest.

This mix started with the Nina Hagen song when my wife was playing it on the #@#!! Alexa (technically, the Amazon Echo).

I built it out from that starting point. I knew I was going to add the two Star Trek mashups, but hey, an AVENGERS mashup??? Yes, please.

Groot Groot GROOT. I am GRoot. GROOT, groot groot.

And then the other pieces fell into place with many of my standards: The Pogues, Bowie and Bing, Pretenders, Bruce Springsteen, Band Aid, Kate Bush, Queen. Sure. But then Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly doing Bowie and Bing.... OH MY GOD, did I know about this??

And while we're on the subject of SNL, just this, here on the blog entry because it might actually get looked at if even just by me next year.

This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
You're welcome. Even if you already know it but have not seen it in a while.
YES.



I had some help with the images from my friend Wayne and a cool retro SF site on Facebook.

What else is there to say about this mix? Greg Lake and Ian Anderson??? Awesome.
Skipped some usuals like Cocteau Twins and Carly Simon, but maybe I add those back next year.

I am especially pleased with finds like the Drifters and Luther Vandross.

Of course, I LOVE Daniela Andrade. AWESOME. And I featured her last week in another post.

But Tom Waits, Stevie Wonder, some Peanuts music, and one of Liesel's favorites "Patapan" by Mindy Gledhill, which is fantastic.



via GIPHY

Enjoy the music!!



My Christmas Mix for 2018

Above this text is the URL link to the You Tube instance and below this text is the video pod player for the entire playlist followed by all the videos if that's how you jam.






ONE VIDEO AT A TIME
In case you need it like that.



















































+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1812.24 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1269 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

Tower Family Christmas - 2012

No comments: