Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1142 - Christmas 1967

Christmas 1967 in Traverse City on Long Lake
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1142 - Christmas 1967 - a sense of doubt post #1406

Hi Mom,

I got a bee in my bonnet to write about comic book today (actually yesterday but then I swapped entries when I didn't finish it), but then I decided that I am already entering low power mode for my vacation, that I have to pack, that I am going to Portland for some fun tomorrow afternoon, AND I plan to write on the plane!! I can write the thing on comic books and lots of other things during my like four hour plane ride.

And I am not sure I have posted the photo above. I think I have posted some of the photos below, but that's why they are below and not above.

Plus, I need more reading comic books and relaxing time and not giving myself enough of it.

So, this entry.

Check out those tiger pajamas!! Wow.

There are toys that I cannot identify in the photo because of the quality.

You always made holidays so special, Mom, especially Christmas. It was such a pageant, and there were so many special features. I wish I could replicate even half the things you did for some child of my own. Even for the step-children with whom I shared Christmases, I was never able to come close to giving them what they gave me, even with your help when we were buying gifts.

Just one more thing as I want to keep this short.

The bee in the bonnet. So I went to this game store on Christmas Eve in Longview. The store is GREAT, and I plan to go back. The owner was reading Aquaman, recent stuff by Geoff Johns, before DC's Rebirth. Good stuff. Some of my favorite stuff lately. But then he says, that "comics are going downhill" and that so many creators these days do not know "how to tell a good superhero story." I objected. I mentioned Image Comics, who is producing some truly great stuff and it's all creator owned. But then he says the thing about superhero stories, so I mention Dan Slott who takes a great deal of guff from fans. There's more to unpack with that guy, but I have the bee there, stinging. Seems to me that there is more great in the last few years than EVER BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF COMICS! Anyone who thinks the best days of comics are gone is not really paying attention to comic books these days. More in the entry that's under production for this subject.

For now, Happy Throwback Thursday.

And yes, that's Major Matt Mason Lunar Station in those photos. :-)





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1272 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1812.27 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: