Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, August 10, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1267 - Why Mishael Morgan left the Young and the Restless


A Sense of Doubt blog post #1267 - Why Mishael Morgan left the Young and the Restless

Okay, I know that posts like this one will modify your opinion of me for some of you, but I don't really care. I am unashamed about being a fan of the Young and the Restless soap on CBS.

After all, I have been "watching" this soap since it came on the air in 1973 with my Mom. In fact, I played the soap daily in her room when she was in her twelve day coma in 2000.

This show has been part of my life longer than it has not been given that I was 11 years old when it started. I play it while I work, which is why I put quotes around "watching." I have not sat and watched the show and done nothing but watch the show since my Mom passed away, and even then I was often eating lunch or working. Mom and I had many Y&R marathons in the years since the meningitis.

The show is an intimate and integral part of my life. I like its rhythms, flavors, and repetitions. So I was somewhat surprised when the producers killed off the character of Hilary Curtis played by the gorgeous Mishael Morgan, who has her own INSTAGRAM (and yes, I follow).

So, they did write her off the Canvas by having her die from injuries sustained in a car accident in a car driven by Lilly Ashby. I wonder if Lilly, who ran a red light that caused the truck to hit their car. Will Lilly be charged with manslaughter?

I am still watching.

Here's a share of a CBS Soaps article on Mishael Morgan's departure.

from -

https://www.cbs.soapsindepth.com/posts/mishael-morgan-hilary-leaving-the-young-and-the-restless-161673



Mishael Morgan Says an Emotional Goodbye to THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS




Rumors have been flying around the daytime community for a while, but now it has been confirmed. Mishael Morgan is leaving THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS where she has played the role of Hilary Curtis for five years. “It is with a heavy heart that I announce my departure from Y&R,” she posted to Instagram. “There were many factors that led to this decision, but ultimately, five years just felt right to me.
“I feel blessed to have worked with some of the most talented, hardworking, and fun-loving people in television. Thank you to the cast, the crew, and everyone at Sony and CBS who made the past five years truly unforgettable. A special thanks to my partner in crime, Bryton James (Devon), who always brought out the best in me and Hil. Last, but definitely not least, I want to thank all of my amazing fans who have supported me on this journey. Your gifts, love, and kindness over the years (and days) have warmed my heart and fueled my soul more than you could ever know.
“Although my adventure as HIlary Curtis is coming to an end,” Morgan concluded, “my work on screen is far from over. This may be a goodbye from Hilary, but I’ll just say ‘see you soon.’”
Sadly, it looks as though "Hevon" will not get their happily ever after. (Photo Credit: Howard Wise/jpistudios.com)
Hilary has been through plenty of ups and downs over the past five years, but right now, it looks as though all her dreams are finally coming true. She’s rekindling her relationship with Devon, she’s pregnant with his baby, and everything is looking good. At this time, Y&R has not mentioned anything about a recast, which has many fans fearing Hilary will be killed off. While there are also rumors circulating about just how Y&R is planning to write Hilary off the canvas, nothing has been confirmed yet, so you’ll just have to stay tuned to see when and how she exits.
Naturally, we’ll keep you up to date on Morgan’s future projects so you can continue to enjoy seeing her on screen. And for more Y&R casting news, keep reading the CBS edition of Soaps In Depth magazine!

More from CBS Soaps In Depth


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1808.10 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1133 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: