Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, February 5, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #213 - LOST


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #213 - LOST

Hi Mom, It's been a week since I wrote, so I have a lot of catching up to do from the future. Posts are going to be on the short side or borrowing already written content until I do catch up.

One thing that's interesting (to me at least) is that back during my T-shirt year (March 2013-March 2014), I lapsed from daily production around this same time in February. I have posts up as I had not fully discovered this backwards in time posting (it's 1602.12 as I type this), but I consider T-shirts posts for 1402.09, 1402.14, 1402.16, 1402.20, and 1402.22 to be unfinished. As you can see, my unfinished problems were more sporadic unlike this last week of HELL in which I just failed to post.

I did manage to post 1602.04 on Sunday 1602.07 but nothing since as I have been hammered with projects, tests, grading, more tests, classes, and then collapse in exhaustion.

So, in my own way, I am LOST.

So, I managed to hook Liesel on a new binge watch of one of my favorite TV shows: Lost.

I wooed her with the promise of content that connected to her readings about the Rosicrucians and the secrets of the universe, the tree of life, the light and dark, etc. This content has yet to bear fruit in the show as she has just made it to the end of the second season, but answers are coming.

I have been enjoying re-watching it with her.

Special love connection: Dad (and by extension you, Mom) gave me some replica patches from the Dharma Initiative featured on Lost for my birthday last month.

As I doubt TV is interesting from the spirit world, though in life I made you watch some Lost with me, Mom, I have a thought about the spirit world, which has always been unexplained, a mystery, and yet I feel your spirit with me all the time, I sense you, I hear you, sometimes I think I see you just at the corner of my sight, but then you're not there.

Mysteries.

The unexplained.

For readers not my Mom, if you're looking for a binge watch project and can make a massive investment, then LOST is well worth it. I have been enjoying re-watching with Liesel.

People hate on the ending, but I remember not hating it as much as most people, so I hope Liesel and I make it all the way to the end of the sixth season to see how re-watching the ending stands up years later.

I will surely write more about this in future posts, and I want to keep this one short, but one of the things I loved about Lost when I first watched it is how it doles out mysteries, slowly and carefully, building intrigue for the show's many unexplained elements and building all into a mythology that spawned heated and lengthy speculation on the Internet.

As before, the show's methods inspire thoughts for what I want to do in my own fiction.

I have always been fond of the unexplained, of mysteries.

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 215 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1602.05 - 10:10



No comments: