Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #224 - Religion


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #224 - Religion 

Hi Mom,

Two days after going to church...

I love and respect my Dad and his beliefs. Same with my sister. Liesel and I both found the sermon we heard to be beautiful and moving. But not much else moved me or us.

I respect the right of others to believe their beliefs, but I just can't swallow a great deal of the dogma of any of the Christian-based faiths.

For one thing sin and the system of being forgiven has always struck me as too much to do with crowd control and enforced morality rather any veracity about how the universe ACTUALLY works. I don't know for sure, but I hope to find out. I think you already know, Mom. And I can hear you re-assuring me and also laughing.


Laughter is good for the soul.

People need to lighten up.


Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 226 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1602.16 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this
only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.



No comments: