Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #231 - One Photo - WMU GRADUATION - 1997


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #231 - One Photo - WMU GRADUATION - 1997

Hi Mom , As promised one picture and a short recap of the day, if I can remember back that far. It's all a blur.

However, I remember when this picture was taken. After years of delays in finishing my graduate degree, I put through the audit and paper work and received the degree in 1997. I was not going to walk, but I decided to do so. I mean, why not? And now I have this nice photo (and a few others), and it meant a lot to my parents, especially you, Mom. Look at your huge smile. You're so proud of me. And I couldn't have done it with you. Your support all along the way meant more to me than I was able to tell you, and I did tell you.

As for Tuesday, I have to remember my re-cap. It's Saturday now (1602.27) because I am behind once again. But as I promised yesterday, I would devote myself to catching up this week with one picture a day and a short recap of the day's events. Once I reach Saturday, I may do some T-shirt reprints to get back on track to produce some new content for next week. My idea was to plan ahead better and to write ahead, so I do not fall behind.

I woke today (by which I mean Tuesday), as I always do around 5 a.m. I get up, feed the pets, and get in the office by around 6 a.m. After the daily fantasy sports round-up, I worked on my Java computer project for the assignment due the next day (Wednesday), which I submitted Friday because of delays. This is partly why I am behind. I went as far as I could go with the project, working on it until 10-10:30. Then I sped through some daily work in my classes, posting discussions, and sending a note that discussion grades due today would be late.

I went up to school a bit early to work on my program some more and eat a Jimmy John's sandwich. Then I attended Calculus (2-3), drove to the Parkview campus and worked on my program some more, attended Java (4-5) in which we had a pop quiz, which I aced. Then after buying some sushi, I met with my therapist (5:30-6:30). By this point, I am whipped. I come home and basically make coffee and go to bed.

That's my day. Yes, not exciting content, but it's what I often shared with you, Mom, and right now, this is my life. Work and work and work and then sleep. I am still run down and fighting this bug I have, but I am managing. Eventually, it will all be worth it.

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 233 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1602.23 - 10:10


NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: