Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #229 - WMU vs. CMU Basketball Game



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #229 - WMU vs. CMU Basketball Game

Hi Mom, Dad and I went to a WMU basketball game yesterday (Saturday 1602.20). We watched the Broncos play CMU, Central Michigan University, which was extra special because that's where you and Dad met.

It was a fun game. We sat close to the court and yelled a little at the referees. We also spied President Dunn yelling at referees, which was cute.

And WESTERN won the game. After four years, I got to see Anthony Avery, Jr. play. Anthony or AJ had been my student in 2012. AJ had nine points and seven boards, but key boards at the end. He also iced some key free throws at the end that helped put the game away.

Dad and I had fun, Mom, and we hope to get to another game next season.


Western Michigan upends Central Michigan 92-85

GAME REPORT (text below is AP via this link)
KALAMAZOO, Mich. -- Thomas Wilder scored 26 points as Western Michigan upended Central Michigan 92-85 on Saturday.
Wilder was 10 of 16 from the field including a pair of 3-pointers. Tucker Haymond added 19 points and seven rebounds, Drake LaMont had 18 points and Bryce Moore chipped in 10 for the Broncos (11-16, 5-9 Mid-American Conference) who had a 39-28 rebounding edge over Central Michigan.
Central Michigan took a 21-12 lead with 11:51 left in the first half and Western Michigan closed it to 44-40 at halftime.
LaMont scored eight points early in the second half and Wilder sank a 3-pointer to give the Broncos a 53-52 edge with 16:10 to play. They never trailed after that, extending their lead to 87-77 on a free throw by Anthony Avery Jr. with 35 seconds remaining.
Chris Fowler scored 22 points for the Chippewas (14-13, 7-7).


Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 231 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1602.21 - 10:10


NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.



No comments: