Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #226 - Throwback Thursdays: Your Teachings

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #226 - Throwback Thursdays: Your Teachings


Hi Mom, Here's a photo I have been meaning to share for a while.

I do not always remember to find an old photo I have not yet shared for "Throwback Thursdays." But now seems a good time.

I have no idea what is in the palm of my hand in this photo. Lori looks like she is posing like  a ghoul. I have no idea where this photo was taken, though the file claims it's from 1973, which appears accurate. We are somewhere above a Standard Oil station. It's some sort of tower or crow's nest.

I was just downstairs putting in a load of laundry, Mom. As often happens, my thoughts turn to you when I am doing laundry. It's like prayer and connecting with you. Laundry was important to you. I remember it was one of the first things I asked you about when you woke up from your coma. I wanted you to know we were taking care of things, that we were doing the things you wanted us to do and doing those things the way you wanted them done.

But my thoughts also turn to things you taught me that are much more important than laundry, like the Golden Rule, and how to be loving. I see the evidence for your love in every picture I share. This one in particular focuses on you hold my sister's Raggedy Ann doll and feeling that this is perfectly natural. You were always very supportive of these inanimate (or are they?) receivers of our love, as if having a teddy bear or a doll will help us learn to love the way you showed us in every thing you did and said.

I am a very feeling driven person because of you, Mom. I like to think I am cerebral, but in a Myers-Briggs test based on the Jungian types, I am an INXP, the X represents a balance between thinking and feeling. I am sure that with a test that's more difficult for me to skew, I would come out with higher feeling scores.

I have been thinking a lot about the lessons of life you taught me, Mom, because I had a break through in terms of how I can use these lessons in a book I am writing. The Gold Rule features prominently and that's your influence. The Golden Rule is my highest value because of you, Mom. Thank you.

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 228 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1602.18 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this
only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: