Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #218 - One Love

Mom's birthday 1984
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #218 - One Love

Hi Mom, Time again for some reprinted content from T-shirts. I know it's filler of stuff I have already published, but some things need repeating, like this sentiment. It also occurs to me that I may edit or expand some of the T-shirts entries, though not this one.

The more I live and the more I experience, the more I realize that "love is the answer." Love is the secret to the universe. Love is the answer to where we all come from. Love is the undefinable spiritual energy that cannot be contained or bottled but exists and gives us impetus to do great things.

I am thinking about ALL those I love when I think about love, not just you Mom. But Dad and my sister, my brother-in-law, all my family, and especially my wife, Liesel, my kids, my pets, and my dear friends.

You taught me about love, Mom. You led by example. You demonstrated what love looks like, feels like, in thousands of ways over my 53 years. I am so grateful for these lessons and memories.

Sure, I have said these things before. But they are almost necessary to repeat, like a mantra, like a prayer, like an invocation, a magic spell.

So when I hear about people fighting over ideology, either in minor and senseless ways like politics, or in more devastating ways, such as religions, which, sometimes, lead to genocide, then I feel like we are still so primitive as a species, still struggling with survival of the fittest, still cast out and trying to find our way. We're scattered as we were after God confounded us when tried to build the city and the Tower of Babel.

Because in being one, the many, unified by a single purpose, can do anything.

Love is the answer.







T-shirt #51: One Love; One God

I considered just posting pictures without text as a change of pace for today's shirt.

But as a writer, I am not sure I can be silent. Maybe I will try this in a future blog post. Though I am not sure I am going to have a better shirt for which it's worth letting the picture carry the meaning than this one.

As it is, I am not going to write much, both due to necessity and because the image really does speak volumes and much more eloquently than I can.

I will share the following anecdote.

A few years back, there was an incident at Western Michigan University (WMU). I do not recall the details (and they really do not matter), but it was a hateful incident, a case of discrimination. The WMU president wrote a letter to the university to promote "tolerance." This struck me as the wrong message. If I am not part of the majority, I do not want to be tolerated.
I want to be accepted.
CO-EXIST.

Love, right?

One Love.

One.

- chris tower - 1305.11 - 14:13





PS: Too much? Too subtle? Not subtle enough?





Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 220 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1602.10 - 10:10

No comments: