Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #230 - A week of pictures: one picture a day


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #230 - A week of pictures

Hi Mom, Well, okay, not just  photos. Also, a bit of text. But  a very little bit of text.

It's Friday 1602.26, and I am four days behind again in both Hey Mom features and Daily Bowie features. I had tried to do work at the end of last week to be able to keep up here with both enterprises. I have several drafts saved in my posts list, but I do not have time to finish any of the good content ones in a manner I find acceptable. And so, I am going to post family pictures from my past and just recap my crazy days this week in order to catch up. I may throw one Scotland picture in just for fun because I really should do one of those per week as I suggested that I might many weeks ago.

I am just overwhelmed. I have taken on too much this semester, and I am not as thumbs up as this kid in the photo. Instead I am delaying things to finish other things and trying to decide which late things get finished first.

And every day this week, I have felt like I was about to start crying all day long.

Yeah, Mom, that's a bit ridiculous, I know.

So, Monday, the day that is the time stamp on this blog. I got up early as usual, around 5 a.m. Feed the dog. Get in the office and hit the usual morning routine, which involves reviewing all NBA box scores, recording scores of my favorite teams, and then setting all fantasy basketball lineups. The Pistons had lost to the Pelicans the day before. I managed to rest and relax and watch some of that game. Not enough rest time, but all I could afford from the previous week. I glance at email and then get to work.

First priority Monday was the computer program due Wednesday. I worked on that until about 10:30, at which point I quit and began daily work. I created the weekly matrix to-do list, and then worked on all the class rooms, setting announcements to start the week, posting daily discussion, and checking for emails and messages. Next I had to finish discussion posts from the previous week for CTU. Meanwhile, I am culling email and hoping to pop back over here to work on blogs as I finished necessary work, but much of that time was eaten by the late discussion left over from the previous week and working on the program.

Off to Calculus by about 1:30, then class from 2-3. I went to my class room right after and attempt to do some work, which involved grading work to return to my students. I give them a midterm, and then I am back home by a little after five. By this point, I am exhausted and still feeling somewhat under the weather, and so I just watch some LOST with  and then go to bed early. I try to stay awake and watch the Pistons playing Cleveland while I read, but I am falling asleep by a little after nine p.m.

Not exciting content today, but this is exactly the kind of thing I shared with you so many times in conversations, Mom, both in person and on the phone.

I know you're still listening.

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 232 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1602.22 - 10:10


NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: